We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”), which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information known as the Australian Privacy Principles.
The information we collect
Click4trades operates the website http://www.click4trades.com.au. As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
- Personally Identifiable Information. You provide this when you register for services that we may offer. Such information may include (but is not limited to): identifying information such as name, telephone number and e-mail address. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
- Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems which track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
- The information that we collect may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with such service providers protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
- The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
- Only if your prior permission has been obtained (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share personally identifiable information with specified third parties.
What else we do with personally identifiable information.
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
- To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out.
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.
Can we change this policy?
Your right to access our information.
The Privacy Act of 1988 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. To find out more about how to do this, please contact click4trades by phone (1800 4 trades) during regular business hours (9.00am – 5.00pm) or by email (email@example.com). Alternatively, post your corrections to the attention of click4trades, PO Box 2366 Hawthorn Victoria 3122.
Further information on privacy is available at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner http://www.oaic.gov.au/.